Shruti V Gaonkar
Urban Designer / Architect – Columbia University New York city – 6+ Yrs Professional Experience
Name: Shruti V Gaonkar
DoB: 18 November 1984
• 6+ years of professional work experience in design development, digital and verbal presentation techniques, design detailing and site supervision.
• Keen participant in the workings of the office with a steep learning curve for skills and expertise.
• Acute sense of working in a design group of diverse backgrounds, with projects dealing with complex urban systems at multiple scales of context.
Master of Science in Architecture and Urban Design: 2008 – 2009, Graduate School of Architecture and Planning, Columbia University, New York City.
Bachelor of Architecture: 2002 – 2007, Mumbai University, Mumbai, India.
• Patch Design Studio, Mumbai, July 2014 – present – Associate Design Architect
• Address: 10 Sujata Niwas, Opp. Siddharth Hotel,
S. V. Road, Bandra West, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India 400050
Phone: 022 6697 9001
Work involved leading the design studio with firm partners. Being responsible for; overseeing growth of portfolio, maintaining quality standards in design and execution, training junior architects and client meetings. Work involved being hands on in conceptualizing design for a wide genre of projects ranging from, masterplanning schemes, institutional complexes, commercial spaces, retail, hospitality and product design.
• VirtuousRetailPvtLtd,Mumbai,Sept2013-July 2014-Corporate office Architect,
• 1st Floor
40 Vittal Mallya Road
Bangalore 560 001
Board Line: +91 80 4931 4000
Role of Designer and manager involved working on in-house design projects and co-ordinating with external consultants and departments like marketing, sales, operations, projects while taking directions from Directors and CEO. Responsible for design conceptualization of 50 bed Boutique hotel, restaurants, landscape design and reviewing branding, signage and graphics for all our premium lifestyle shopping centers.
• DP Architects Pte Singapore office, Oct2011-Dec2012 Architect and Urban designer.
• Address: Benjamin Barker, Marina Square, Singapore 039594
• Phone:+65 6338 3988
Projects raged from mixed use development, MRT station design, township development, competition entries for Changi Airport and a 500 bed neurology specialty hospital in Kuwait. key role in design conceptualization, schematic and detailing, client co-ordination, consultant meetings, presentations verbal and digital. Spear headed use of BIM in projects using Autodesk Revit, used software’s like Adobe Suite, AutoCAD, Microstation, MS Office.
• Architect Hafeez Contractor, Mumbai. Worked as Architect from Dec2009 -Sept2011.
• Address: 29, 1st Floor, Sonawala Building, Horniman Circle, Bank Street, Fort,, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400023, India
• Phone:+91 22 2266 1920
Projects ranged from large masterplanning schemes for township developments, high end residential high-rises, and commercial estates. key role in design conceptualization, schematic and detailing, client co-ordination, consultant meetings, Site co-ordination, working drawings, shop drawings, presentations verbal and digital. Spear headed use of BIM in projects using Autodesk Revit, used software’s like Adobe Suite, AutoCAD, MS Office.
• S+PS Architects, Mumbai. Worked as an Assistant Architect from January2007 to May 2008.
• Address: 1 Chandan, 8 BBCI Railway Scty,, Off Irla Road, Vile Parle (W), Mumbai, Maharashtra 400056, India
Phone:+91 22 2670 7898
Projects ranged from high end residential design, boutique resort design, commercial interiors.
Key role in design conceptualization, detailing and schematic development, preparing presentations, working drawings, shop drawings, site supervision, client meetings, consultant co-ordination.
Softwares used – Adobe suite, AutoCAD, Office.
ACHIEVEMENTS AND INTERESTS:
• Consistent academic excellence through all years of undergraduate education.
• Passionate about photography, travelling. Completed Certificate course in Digital photography from St. Xavier’s Institute Mumbai followed by a photo exhibition in the campus.
• Conceptualized, shot and edited short films, ‘Life on 109 and Broadway’ and ‘Brooklyn Bridge : A Heterotopia’.
• Screenprinting Artist
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND LANGUAGES:
• Adobe Creative Suite CS5-Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premier, Flash, AfterEffects.
• Autodesk 2010:Revit,Autocad,3DMax Studio
• Bentley Microstation
• ArchGIS: Arc Scene, Arc Map, GIS.
• Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Power Point.
• Fluent in English, Hindi, Marathi, German (beginner)